Friday, August 2, 2013

| Columbus, Ohio: Home of The Buckeyes |

Mom and I drove up to Columbus, Ohio to meet up with some family friends. They showed us around the Ohio State campus, took us to some amazing restaurants and showed us where they thrift shop! Food and thrifting are my two favorite things! Columbus definitely has the best of both worlds! 
We went to an delicious chicken restaurant called Canes.
They only have for things on their menu: 1. chicken fingers, Texas toast, fries and slaw, 2. chicken fingers and fries, 3. chicken finger sandwich with fries and 4. plain chicken fingers.
I got the first option since it allowed me to sample all the food on the menu. Their fries were the most incredible fries ever! We also ate at a gyro restaurant where I had a delicious Greek gyro salad.
Y'all, I can't believe they really do call soda, "pop" up north!
For dinner we ate at an Amish restaurant, which was by far my favorite. I'm a sucker for some good home cooked meals, and let me tell you the Amish are SPECTACULAR cooks! It was such a great experience!  
This my new 2000lb friend! I'm sucker sucker for animals! I really wanted to take this big guy home!
  While on campus, I got a picture with Brutus the buckeye.
If you didn't know, Ohio states mascot is a nut. Which just proves that their fans are crazy. Every where around campus sells buckeyes. Plain buckeyes. Buckeye necklaces. Buckeye bracelets. Buckeye earrings. If you can dream it, some store in Columbus sells it.  I personally think the mascot is a little weird. But hey, some people probably think having an elephant as a mascot is weird. Whatever, Roll tide. 
Here are some pics of campus:
Ohio State has an 11 story library with over 1,800 seats. The first floor is tiled with etched tiles, each representing a different language of a book available in their library. {This includes Elfin and Klingon, the official languages of Lord of the Rings and Star Trek respectively}
Look familiar? It's the high school in Pretty Little Liars! And an academic building on Ohio State's campus.
See that tree in the middle? It grew from one of the four seeds given to Jesse Owens [one for each of his Gold Medals] by Hitler during the Berlin Olympics. Fun fact: Jesse Owens is from  Sweet Home Alabama!
Oh and they have an Urban Outfitters right across the street. {Curse you overpriced cute clothing!}
   I was so glad that I got to thrift while I was in Columbus! Our friends are just as into thrifting as Mom and I are so it was perfect. We didn't feel rushed or have a time constraint. Where I'm from, there isn't a Volunteers of America. There store was really big and had a lot of great clothing. Their prices were extremely reasonable which is always something I look for when thrifting. The second store was called Ohio Thrift. It was super organized but a bit pricey. I ended up with a bunch of cardigans and some dresses. {I'll be making a post soon of all my purchases} In total I spent $100 which is more than I would normally spend at home, but I mostly got items that are necessary wardrobe staples. Both stores had 25%, 50% and 75% off certain tags. As fate may have it, none of mine were marked down. 
All in all, I loved Columbus. Even though I didn't get to see the greater majority of the city, I really liked the city. I can't wait to come back and visit!  
OH AND DID I MENTION THEY HAVE TIM HORTONS UP HERE?!?  Their coffee is the ONLY coffee I will drink! 
{I may have gone for a midnight run...}
Anyway,
Stay tuned to see what I purchased in Ohio! 
XOXO 

P.S. This weekend is the longest yard sale! Anyone going? 

No comments:

Post a Comment